After a long hectic working week, it was time to just relax and spend some quality lone time with Shalin. Since, I was in Ghatkopar we decided that we head to Cafe Madras to gorge on some South Indian food. Close to about 2.30 pm when we reached Cafe Madras, to my sheer surprise the place was completely packed. There were about close to 50 people already there awaiting their turn to get in. When we checked on the wait time the person standing said 1 hour. My jaw dropped & then finally I made my mind that Cafe Madras has to wait until I come here next time.
Just then i recalled that bang opposite is an Only Paratha. We could easily manage to get a place and placed our respective orders. Mr. Doshi (my fav lingo for Shalin) called for his Muli Paratha wid loads of green chillies. The waiter cautioned him that his paratha would be super duper spicy. (+1 point, normally you don't expect waiters making suggestions on your order). I ordered a 3 stuffing paratha (Mushroom + Cheese + Onion). While ordering we specifically mentioned that I do not want any curd item wid my paratha. The Parathas arrived, nice hot, yummy wid generous serving of dal makhani and double serving of Chole in my plate (since i did not want raita). The dal makhni was average, chole was nice. Service was quite prompt and the staff very courteous.
Overall the food was good, I would definitely recommend it to others to try it out. Usually I haven't seen Paratha houses serving any other cuisine, but they also had Pav Bhaji, Chinese and some rice wid gravy (Indian) combos.
The price is average. Meal for 2 was close to 480.
Just then i recalled that bang opposite is an Only Paratha. We could easily manage to get a place and placed our respective orders. Mr. Doshi (my fav lingo for Shalin) called for his Muli Paratha wid loads of green chillies. The waiter cautioned him that his paratha would be super duper spicy. (+1 point, normally you don't expect waiters making suggestions on your order). I ordered a 3 stuffing paratha (Mushroom + Cheese + Onion). While ordering we specifically mentioned that I do not want any curd item wid my paratha. The Parathas arrived, nice hot, yummy wid generous serving of dal makhani and double serving of Chole in my plate (since i did not want raita). The dal makhni was average, chole was nice. Service was quite prompt and the staff very courteous.
Overall the food was good, I would definitely recommend it to others to try it out. Usually I haven't seen Paratha houses serving any other cuisine, but they also had Pav Bhaji, Chinese and some rice wid gravy (Indian) combos.
The price is average. Meal for 2 was close to 480.