On a lovely Wednesday evening, post office I decided to head onto sampling some nice Thai delicacies at Red Olives. There is a Thai Food festival going on till 2nd September where you can try out different kinds of soups, salads, mains n a few desserts as well.
This time we planned to have an early dinner & reached around 7.30 pm. The waiter was quite courteous & promptly gave us some nice suggestions. We started with a salad called as 'Thung Tong' which was a nice mix of bean sprouts, red bell pepers, water chestnuts, mushrooms on a bed of lettuce which a sweet n spicy dressing. Simply Awesome !!!, the salad was fresh n was very cruncy with a rather sweet and spicy after taste.
As per waiters recommendation we next ordered Thai style wontons with corn, cheese, spinach & water chestnut filling which served with a sweet n spicy style dip. I loved the wontons & its fillings. Somehow Shalin is not so fond of Spinach and this dish dint go to well with him.
For the mains, we sticked onto our patent order Thai Herb Rice and medium spicy Thai Red Curry (without the mushrooms). My would be hubby doesn't like mushrooms, while I love them so much. As expected the Thai curry did not dissapoint us & I m sure at Red Olives every time I have been I have got a similar tasting Thai Curry.
Overall the food is good. This place is a bit expensive specifically when you have to shell out a 12.5% Service Charge + a VAT+ Service Tax over and above your bill.
Meal for 2 with a beer: 1800 bucks
Worth it ?? ahmmm for food yes, for taxes May be !!
This time we planned to have an early dinner & reached around 7.30 pm. The waiter was quite courteous & promptly gave us some nice suggestions. We started with a salad called as 'Thung Tong' which was a nice mix of bean sprouts, red bell pepers, water chestnuts, mushrooms on a bed of lettuce which a sweet n spicy dressing. Simply Awesome !!!, the salad was fresh n was very cruncy with a rather sweet and spicy after taste.
As per waiters recommendation we next ordered Thai style wontons with corn, cheese, spinach & water chestnut filling which served with a sweet n spicy style dip. I loved the wontons & its fillings. Somehow Shalin is not so fond of Spinach and this dish dint go to well with him.
For the mains, we sticked onto our patent order Thai Herb Rice and medium spicy Thai Red Curry (without the mushrooms). My would be hubby doesn't like mushrooms, while I love them so much. As expected the Thai curry did not dissapoint us & I m sure at Red Olives every time I have been I have got a similar tasting Thai Curry.
Overall the food is good. This place is a bit expensive specifically when you have to shell out a 12.5% Service Charge + a VAT+ Service Tax over and above your bill.
Meal for 2 with a beer: 1800 bucks
Worth it ?? ahmmm for food yes, for taxes May be !!